Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Good News for Senor Barnes; Bad News to all the other towns in the 18th District?!?

Saw the mention of State Senator Barnes here in the 18th district for a possible superior court judgeship on my Facebook page. Checked the link and saw this piece here in PolitickerNJ.

Well, if that turns out as it says in the piece by the end of the month (and I hope it does), then I'd be really happy for Señor Barnes. Having known Señor Barnes for many years, I have no doubt he will be an outstanding superior court judge.

Following on with the piece, sounds like Assemblyman Pat Diegnan stands the best chance to replace Barnes, which leaves his seat open for three Edison Council Members to make a play for it.

That's Bob 'See No Conflict' Diehl, Rob 'March on Trenton' Karabinchak and Sapana Shah. It goes on to say that Karabinchak is likely to get the organization nod over Diehl.

Karabinchak, the establishment choice - and you thought he was looking out for you here in the 'DemBadLands of Downtown Edison.

'Karabinchak has done what he's told, played ball, facilitated developers and been a good soldier, all of those pre-requisites to be the party favorite.'

Now there you go - he's been a good soldier.

Seriously now, Karabinchak?!? This guy shouldn't even be on the council much less being considered to move up in the Dem party pecking order. I'd vote for Charlie 'I Abstain' Tomaro before I'd vote for him - and trust me, that's saying something.

So, don't want to bore you with all the thingies I find a tad bit disconcerting about Karabinchak holding any public office (you can go back and read previous posts on my thoughts about Karabinchak's performance on the council) so I'll just have a good laugh about it and ask why anyone would want someone who often switches sides, can't handle differing opinions and let's not forget, has a charming public personality to boot. Bet that will be real helpful in the State Assembly.



Anyhoo, putting this guy in the state assembly is enough to make any Democrat here in Downtown Edison who still believes we should be the party of the people - turn Independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment