Thursday, March 15, 2018

Geez, I know this is Edison but Super O'Malley resigning in the papers - Really!?!

Just watched last night's Edison Board of Education, aka Board of EDems, Board of Mythomania, Board of Hoarders, Board of Silence caucus meeting.

Whether you support Super Dr. Richard 'Looking for the Exit Ramp' O'Malley or not (and I'm clearly not), this is getting a tad bit bizarre even for the new satellite branch of the 'DemBadLands' of Downtown Edison over there on Mythomania Lane.

What is going on with Super O'Malley? He seems to continue to resign his position (at the end of his current contract in 2019, of course) as Edison Superintendent of Schools in the local papers. As such, once that got out, you would expect his supporters would come out and support him and ask what's going on and why is he leaving.

And so they did last night, which is all well and good. Everybody's opinion is important and should be heard. Even saw two former Board of Education Members go up to the microphone and speak on his behalf.

Here's last night's meeting:




So, let me see if I got this right though. You have a Super of Schools whose contract hasn't even come up for a vote yet but goes to the papers and announces his resignation, effective 16 months down the road - at the end of his current contract in 2019.

Really, of course you'd want an employee to give at least a couple of weeks notice when they resign but 16 months?!? But I digress, so lets move on

Okay, seems he must think he doesn't have the necessary board votes to get another contract or just doesn't want to be here anymore, I guess. Surely, he's been out there looking for another gig for a long time now. So, he makes his announcement in the local papers but what does that really mean?

Did he really resign his position?

Seems to me that the only place he can go to actually resign his position is the Edison Board of Education.

So, you gotta ask yourself - did he actually resign by submitting his resignation to the Edison Board of Education or not?

I don't know but sure seems like an important question to ask - so I sent an email today to Board President Jerry 'Lankey's Team' Shi asking if Super O'Malley had officially submitted his resignation to the board as yet.

Now, since Señor Shi has already indicated in the past that he 'does not care what I think' - not too sure he'll take the time and answer my query. Oh, poor me..I'm starting to think he doesn't like me!

But hey, if he does respond - I'll certainly share his answer with you.

Anyhoo, maybe it's me but if you live in this town - this is getting a tad bit embarrassing to watch play out in the local papers. Time for the board to take action and resolve this matter one way or another with Super O'Malley. This is the board that was elected to deal with Señor O'Malley's contract - so deal with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment