You gotta like Board of Mythomania School Budgets here in Downtown Edison:
10. You like voting on a school budget and never hearing about that budget again.
9. You like letting them $pend all that money any way they want, without explanation, regardless of where they said they would in the budget.
8. You like not knowing all those unbudgeted heads they added and forget to tell you when they ask you to vote for the school budget.
7. You like not having the opportunity ask questions when $pending exceeds any particular line item in budget.
6. You like not knowing when they deviate from the planned budgeted $pending and why.
5. You like them asking for additional $taffing every budget year but leaving out all the unbudgeted staff they already added.
4. You like not knowing how they actually did against all those budgeted line items they asked you to vote for.
3. You like having a board that doesn't understand why you need to measure & report out actual performance against the budget to truly be open & transparent.
2. You like a board that thinks budget savings is the same as slowing the growth of $pending.
1. You like having no accountability or public scrutiny over a now $214 million, bloated pot of money called a school budget that grows exponentially every year.