Since the April 16 School Board election is quickly approaching and we have six (6) candidates competing for three (3) open spots, I extend an invitation to all candidates to use this blog as another forum to get your message out. In the spirit of openness and transparency, I invite each of you to answer six (6) questions, which will give you a chance to get your message out and provide the Residents with information that would be helpful in making an informed decision before stepping into the voting booth.
Here are the questions:
1. Who are you and what's your background?
2. Why are you running for the Edison Board of Education?
3. What do you see as the role of a School Board Member, and why?
4. What do you see as the three (3) most significant accomplishments of this School District, and why? Conversely, the three (3) most significant shortcomings, and why?
5. What do you hope to accomplish as a School Board Member, and why?
6. Why should the Residents of Edison vote for you?
If you wish to use this blog as another forum to get your message out, please forward your written response to polnotpeople[at]gmail.com - with a confirmation telephone number. I will post them (as written) in the order received, after confirmation.