Monday, February 1, 2016

'I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes. There's Raises all around me, and so the money flows.'

Well, the election is over here in the 'DemBadLands' of Downtown Edison and time for the gluttony to begin. Saw the piece here in the SL where the powers that be want to increase the salary ranges, which includes doubling the salary for the 'Fresh Start Tour Entourage' commonly known as the Edison Council.

Now, I got nothing against offering competitive salaries to attract and get the best possible people available for the town or providing raises to those in place based upon performance. But somehow, just not sure that the current salary caps are the reason we can't attract the quality of people that they say they want but can't get or how they measure performance on the existing staff.

And seriously, who cares what they do in other towns? Every town is different with different structures, tax bases and their own set of unique issues. This is Edison and the last time I looked, nobody from these other towns pays taxes in Edison.

Be that as it may, you really have to chuckle at the Council looking to double their salary from $6,000.00 to $12,000.00 - and waiting until after the election to propose it. Now, it's not the money that offends me here but lack of respect they show to the people of Edison.

But, it's true what they say, we get the type of government we deserve here in downtown Edison.

Anyhoo, here's my take on giving raises to the do nothing 'Fresh Start Tour Entourage' who give new meaning to Stabilizing Taxes:




But hey, at least we're comforted in the knowledge that the Council first has to Vote to Give Themselves a Raise!?! Now, that's what you call Checks and Balances!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment