Saturday, January 26, 2019

You Go Sheila Angalet!

Well, here's some refreshing insight from the District 23 Committee person into the Local Dem-Party that has long made Edison Safe for Hypocrisy!

So, let's see - who would I rather have represent me here in the 'DemBadLands' of Downtown Edison - the Edison 'Cluck..Cluck' Council team of Patil, Sendelsky, Lombardi and Coyle with their outdated opaque and self-serving back-room politics or Ms. Angalet?

Duh!

Wake up Local Dem Committee people and get rid of the Stench that now Permanently Hangs over Edison. And, if Charlie 'I Abstain' Tomaro..aka 'Deputy Dog' comes a knocking on your door with the council candidates - that should be a sign and a half for you that your party is so outdated!
Posts
I am pleased to announce that I will be screening for a seat on Edison Council again this year. I have made my intentions known to the Democratic chair as well as two of the incumbent Councilmen and a county Freeholder (when they came to my door last night already starting to campaign) so far. And now - to the greater network of people.
I am excited to again speak with the Committee members about what I can do to help our town move forward positively. What I am not particularly excited about is yet again facing the "Good Old Boy Network" and the active political machine that strives to keep only like-minded individuals in office who make empty promises and only come offering help/assistance when they are looking for your votes. As much as people say they want change - we haven't had it yet - and that is discouraging.
I understand fully that I am a "persona non grata" within the local Democratic Party because I speak my mind, I will not accept disrespect, I will not accept being lied to, nor do I accept that veiled threats can be made to garner votes or that there are individuals who "buy" their place in the party. I know these things happen, and I speak out against them. For that, perhaps I am a threat - but it also puts me on the outside of things. People within the party see my support for independent or other candidates as disloyalty to the party - but my loyalty is to the people I represent in my district and to a larger degree - the town that has been my life-long home.
I do not have large sums of money to "donate" so that my place is assured. We live frugally - barely getting by sometimes - so there are no discretionary funds to help me gain political popularity. I am not in a position to threaten people for their support or their votes - and even if I were in that kind of position - that is not the kind of person I am. 
What I am is honest, hard-working and, often, a force to be reckoned with. I will not lie in order to get votes or support. If I tell you I'm going to do something, I will find a way to do it or get it done - properly and well. I can and will do the job required of a Council member as well if not better than it is being done now. While in a day and age where women are showing their strength in the political arena - I don't ask for support because I am a woman - I ask for support because I will do a spectacular job. And isn't that what
you want? An honest person working hard for you?
That's me. Plain and simple - honest - the me you see is the me you get. I'm ready to work and fight for you - for our future - for our Edison.

LikeShow more reactions
Comment




                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment