Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Edison Mayor Lankey's 'Big Day' - one day away!

Well, tomorrow night Mayor Tom 'Form over Substance' Lankey gets to make his big pitch for his 'Fresh Start' tour - aka State of the Township Address. Now, unlike the big bad anything goes politics here in Downtown Edison, I'm just not wired to rain on anyone's parade - and this is Lankey's Parade, so I won't.

I'm sure his speech will be well-written, eloquently delivered and well-received by those in attendance. This things usually are when you're preaching to the choir. What he says and how he says it will only have meaning if and when backed up by his actions.

So, my only thought for tomorrow night is what I asked in a previous post (Feb. 11th-Lankey's 'dilemma du jour') - which Lankey will show up?? We'll see.

To quote some lyrics from the song 'Brave':

Say what you wanna say
and let the words fall out.
Honestly, I wanna see you be brave
with what you want to say.

And since your history of silence
won't do you any good,
Did you think it would?
Let your words be anything but empty,
why don't you tell them the truth?

You know, there's a fine balance between politics and people here in Downtown Edison - I truly hope Senor Lankey finds it.



Anyhoo, at least we're comforted in the knowledge that we know Charlie 'I Abstain' Tomaro will be there and not off working on a County tax increase for us folks here in Downtown Edison!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment