Monday, March 4, 2019

$811 million - it's too Big to Fail so take it out of Lankey & his Cronies hands!

Geez, if this wasn't so Blatantly Obvious, it would be Funny! Anyone who has lived in this town long enough under it's all Dem-party rule has to be scratching their head and saying  - Seriously, You're Kidding Me, Right!?!

You want to let Mayor Tom 'Now 17.1% but Won't Debate' ChoiLankey and his Cluck..Cluck Council enter into an $811 million Water & Sewer 40-year lease on their own??? No problem, they say You'll get all your answers to this double-secret agreement at their March 28th meeting before they call two more meetings; one to schedule it for a vote and the other to vote on it.

DUH!?!

In a town where the Council is nothing more than processing clerks for Lankey's doings, where checks and balances are a myth and every Muni budget under Lankey was passed by the Council without a single penny change to his yearly tax increase, where they still leave the Stench of the 2017 election hanging over the town, where they Cluck..Clucked away from giving the People of this town a chance to hear arguments for moving the School Board elections back to April by cancelling their meeting the day before it was scheduled, where transparency is just a word they use and where conflicts of interest are only important if you catch them - how could you ever trust these people to enter into such a humongous contract with their single-minded Dem-party mentality?

You Can't and You Shouldn't Trust them!

But wait, there's more. Where Council members are also committee people - guess they get to vote for themselves again when the EDO holds it's screening on March 14th at the Pines - and sometimes they get to vote committee people for positions in town. That's nice, you vote for me and I'll vote for you!?!

Where Committee people screen for Council, not because they are doing a bang up job by keeping their district's constituents informed but just because they're committee people.

Maybe it's me, but both my District 31 committee people are screening for the Council on March 14th. Not for nothing but I've never ever, ever seen them canvass the neighborhood during elections or any other time or seen any attempt by them to keep the residents informed about what was going on over there at 100 Oligarchy Blvd. Certainly, they have never come a knocking at my door to share the knowledge or walk around with Council hopefuls.

So, all 78 District Committee people should take a pass on voting for Steven P. Nagel and Marie Wise.

You should also look around your Committee and see if it's being run in the best interests of the People of Edison.

You should also take a pass on the 4 incumbents, Patil, Sendelsky, Lombardi & Coyle. They've already proven many times over that they serve the interests of the Dem-party few and not your interests, which explains why, more often than not, you're left out of the loop..

But I digress, so lets move on.

Unfortunately, our town has long-been a politically disingenuous place to live where there's a stronghold on power through it's cronyism and nepotism and they do it by controlling what you get to know and when you get to know it and they do it right in Your Face! And for those who doubt it or haven't been around long enough, I refer you to the February 20, 2019 post.

So, when Lankey who has taxed us every which way he can (and that includes the Garbage and let's not forget the Humongous Sewer tax increases he imposed on us over the years) comes up with a scheme like this - You really have to say No Thanks and tell him and his 7 processing clerks to spare us their self-serving rhetoric and dubious transparency and put the question on the ballot.

DO NOT LET THEM VOTE ON LANKEY'S $811M SCHEME FOR WATER & SEWER!


Take a look at this seriously dysfunctional Council get all twisted up in their own inability to effectively respond to public questions at the last meeting:



And, since you can't really trust what the Council is about to do here with a company that has numerous public complaints in other towns, you should take the time to listen to a presentation from Food and Water Watch to educate yourselves on the negative impact of water privatization.

1-Monday March 11th 7:00pm
Grace Reformed Church 
2815 Woodbridge Ave 
Edison NJ


2-Wednesday March 20th 7:00pm
Edison Memorial VFW Post 3117
53 National Rd
Edison NJ


Anyhoo, this deal is too Big to leave in the hands Señor Lankey and his Cluck..Cluck Council - don't let them trick you into believing they know best for something that will last long after they're gone and for such a long, long, long time.

6 comments:

  1. Steven Nagel (steve.nagel@optimum.net)March 4, 2019 at 4:05 PM

    Ralph,

    I must admit, I do enjoy reading your posts as your viewpoints are genuine and insightful. However, I must disagree with you when you stated you've never seen me or had me share information with you.

    In August my family will have lived in the same house on Back Drive for 50 years, so I can say I know a little bit about our neighborhood. I regularly speak with our neighbors, and work to address their concerns.

    Speeding was an issue on Central Avenue, and I worked with the council to put thes stop signs on Central Ave and Partch Pl. People may not come to a complete stop, but they do slow down.

    I also instituted the Neighborhood Crime Watch in conjunction with the District 56 committee people, as our neighbors were concerned about the rash of break ins that were happening around us and wanted to be able to recognize the signs of potential illegal actions.

    I have worked with the council on paving roads, and PSE&G to replace burned out street lights. I went around the district and cleaned out storm drains before Tropical Storm Irene and Superstorm Sandy, and worked to have a fallen tree removed on Sims after Sandy when it fell on the power wires and would have knocked the entire neighborhood power grid out if it was not removed.

    I walk the district regularly, and I am always available to talk to any of my neighbors about any concern they may have. I try to visit every house in the district at least once a year. Perhaps instead of talking about how you don't hear from me, you could reach out to me to chat - I'll be happy to do so.

    Thanks for all the work you do on your blog; it is always an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all due respect (and nothing personal) Steven, you say these things but you never once came to my house or shared anything with me about what was going on in town hall. I'm not the committeeman, you are. And how long have you been District 31 committeeman, was it since 2009 or 2010? If you read the blog as you say, then why haven't you come over and offered your help to address what I've been writing about the town and the Dem-party for such a long time?

    It's your responsibility to canvass the neighborhood and see what concerns your neighbors may have.

    Further, I have never seen you walk the neighborhood with Dem-party hopefuls in any election since you've been the committeeman. I remember Patil coming to my house when he first ran and you weren't with him - and you should of been. They shouldn't be canvassing the neighborhoods without the local committeeman to introduce them.

    Finally, I'm glad you find the blog of interest and, hopefully, informative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for writing back Ralph. Respectfully, I have been to our house. In fact, the last time I was there you thought I broke your doorbell.

    I believe communication needs to be a two way street. I would not have known about the speeding issues on Central Ave., the Parking issues on Lennox, or the parking issues on Partch if residents had not brought the issue to my attention.

    Regarding walking with the candidates, I was not with Ajay that day because I was walking the other side of the district with the other candidates.

    I promise you I will come to visit and sit down with you; but after the screening as I do not want my visit to seem opportunistic.

    Thanks again.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the delay, been out of town. With all due respect, I never accused anyone of breaking my doorbell, much less you. Let's just leave it as is. While I can't wish you luck in the screening, I do wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ralph! I've got a busy week, but will try to get to you next weekend. If that's not a good time frame, please let me know.

      Steve

      Delete
  5. Thanks Steve - appreciate you taking the time to visit me today. Look forward to working together for the betterment of the town.

    ReplyDelete